- Slouchy, unstructured bag that fits the essentials and then some
- Unique shape inspired by Lake Kivu in Africa
- Very lightweight
- Easy to get in and out of quickly while on the move, thanks to the zipper tabs on each end
- Will fit a few tablets at a time but not a laptop securely
- Shoulder straps fasten together (with a nipple rivet) to avoid falling off shoulder
- Two zipper pockets on the inside
- Soft, full grain leather
- Interior lined with Pigskin to easily wipe clean
- Antique brass hardware, YKK zipper
- 41 year warranty
- Made in Old Mexico
- We give 100% of our profits to educating, job training and feeding the poor in Africa and beyond
- Exterior - 21 ¾” L x 10 ½” W x 8” H
- Strap - 19” L x 1 ¼” W
- Shoulder drop: 13” (empty bag
- Interior -17” L x 10 ¼” W x 7 ½” H
- Zip Pockets (2): 8” W x 5 ¼” H
- 2.87 pounds
This bag was inspired by Lake Kivu which borders Rwanda and the Congo in Africa. The unique shape of this lake was discovered while visiting an island called Iwawa. I was the first woman to ever step foot on this island! Although it is a place of rehabilitation for men with hard pasts, I saw it as a place of redemption. When we visited, we brought Bibles and shared our story. 900 of the 1,200 men came to know Jesus Christ that day & went from being named criminals to God’s sons. The Kivu bag is a representation of that experience and memory that I will never forget.
Besides the great memories, Here’s what I love about the Kivu Bag… It can fit so much and is the perfect daily bag when you have a lot to carry. I love the super wide opening; if you lay it flat you can see all the way into the bag and all contents inside. The leather is also very soft, comfortable and lightweight.
How do I wear it? This bag is a great neutral and I wear it with anything from jeans to dresses.