Saddleback is looking for a Public Relations Specialist (PRS) to share the Saddleback Leather message to influencers, bloggers and relevant news outlets in coordination with the SLC Marketing Team Strategy. They will take the lead in all public relations and content strategy for future PR campaigns and initiatives. If you are the kind of person that can find a way around any wall(And if you can’t, then blow it up), if you are itching to get things done, can creatively sell an idea in a million different ways, and enjoy connecting with people then please read more.
Click here to read a detailed Job Description
Why you want to work at Saddleback:
- Great People - a great team to work with.
- Work that Matters - Saddleback is a socially minded company with a bigger purpose. The heart of Saddleback really is to love on those that come in our path. We work closely with an organization called Africa New Life Ministries and our owners Dave and Suzette even offer to take team members on a discounted trip with them to Rwanda to see the end result of all of their hard work. Our work is bigger than a bottom dollar here; it’s about helping people.
- Our Culture is key, and who we hire is important. This is what we value.
- Great Benefits including Medical and Dental insurance, Flexible Schedule, Paid Vacation time, Paid Sick time, Paid Bereavement leave, Paid Holidays, Paid Short term and Long term disability, Paid Life insurance, Retirement plan with match, employee discount
- Location The Saddleback Headquarters in Fort Worth, TX
- Position Full Time, Typically M-F 8:30am - 5pm, some flexibility
- Travel Some travel to conferences and events required
Must haves - Please don’t apply if you don’t meet the following requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or a related field, or equivalent knowledge
- Public relations experience in the travel or accessories industry is preferred
- Experience in developing web content and the use of other new media such as blogs and podcasts, including link building, contacting bloggers and attaining guest posts
- Experience with organizing and conducting desk-side pitches with editors
This will get you to the top of the stack
- The ability to sell ice to Eskimos
- Being likable and charming in gentle sort of way
- Antsy to get things done. You don’t need pushed, you push yourself.
- Can come up with multiple ways to pitch a story or product. You are an idea waterfall.
Click here to Apply