Sarape Leather Bag
- Boho meets business with this bag; it holds what you need while adding pop to any outfit
- Fringe at it’s best - customizable!
- Our most comfortable shoulder strap with a little or a lot of weight
- Will fit most tablets, but not a laptop securely
- Bag will sit up on it’s own
- Wear over the shoulder or crossbody
- Interior key clip strap & two pockets (zippered & cell phone)
- Soft tumbled full grain leather (aka super durable leather)
- Interior lined with Pigskin to easily wipe clean
- Antique brass hardware, YKK zipper
- 41 year warranty
- Made in Old Mexico
- We give 100% of our profits to educating, job training and feeding the poor in Africa and beyond.
- Exterior: 11 ⅝” L x 2 - 6 ⅛” W (top to bottom) x 10" H
- Strap (adjustable): 38” - 54” L x 1 ⅝” W
- Interior: 11 ½” L x 6 ¼” W x 8 ½” H
- Inner zipper pocket: 4 ½” H x 8 ⅝” W
- Inner cell phone pocket: 2 ⅛” H x 3" W
- 3 pounds
The Sarape bag was inspired in the small town of Patzcuaro, Mexico where I visited a rug weaver in the mountains. I loved all the fringe on the ends of the rugs so I decided to make a bag that had the same movement and bohemian feel.
Here is what I love about the Sarape Bag… First of all, I get stopped every time I wear it. It’s a great conversation starter & absolutely stunning in person. Many of the details you see on this bag (shoulder strap & fringe) are crafted by hand so each purse is a work of art. The strap alone takes about 8 hours to create. Another favorite feature is the moveable flap. You can move it to the front, over the zipper, for a double fringe look (and extra security by covering the zipper) or move it to the back for less fringe.
How do I wear it? This bag is a statement piece and can make a simple outfit interesting, I’ll grab this bag and wear it with a t-shirt and jeans to dress it up. It holds all the essentials you need for the day with room to spare. I can carry my Lana wallet, the cosmetic bag, keys, sunglasses and few other things.
As always, the purchase of this bag helps love others in need through education, food, shelter & job training.