Job Posting: Staff Accountant
Saddleback Leather is on the hunt for a full time Staff Accountint to help us build a strong foundation for our financial future. This position is responsible for Saddleback’s internal financial needs and providing solid financial insights and recommendations to ensure the profitability of Saddleback’s goods and services in the future.
You’ll need to patiently connect with each business area and have the necessary information, history and experience to dialog and help your teammates find solutions, do their jobs better and be more profitable. You really need to be experienced and enjoy financial and cost accounting systems and processes to the point that you can evaluate and design current systems as necessary to provide applicable metrics and ensure business goals are being met. Oh, and enjoy cost accounting. Did I mention that already?
If all this sounds like something you’d be really really good at and you meet the qualifications above and below, then fill out an application today – you never know what great things might happen.
Click here to read a detailed Job Description
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of company financial transactions by establishing and maintaining appropriate Managerial, Financial and Cost accounting processes and systems
- Produce periodic financial statements to accurately reflect company financial activity and current position for the company and individual departments
- Responsible for general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory accounting and all other business accounting processes
- Conduct and coordinates financial planning, forecasting and budgeting, at the company and department level.
- 3+ Years of Accounting or Finance Experience with a product company
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Finance or related field
- Cost accounting experience (Job Costing, FIFO)
This will get you to the top of the stack:
- Knowledge of report building in Netsuite