Saddleback Leather needs a General Manager to lead, manage and grow our leather factory in Mexico. Old Mexico Manufacturing is located in Leon, Guanajuato, a city of almost 2 million people. It is the safest, easiest and most convenient city to live in Mexico. It has Spring-like weather almost all year and is a 2 hour direct flight to Dallas and Houston and has several other direct flights as well. And the area has some of the best tourism in the country.
Saddleback Leather (and OMM) are one and the same. Our mission is to love people around the world by means of high quality leather bags. We are a purpose filled company. We have a beautiful and high level fully English K thru 12 American school using a high level homeschool curriculum, as well as parenting, marriage and financial classes for employees.
We are looking for someone with great manufacturing, financial reporting and leadership experience, but who also shares our love for people and is in agreement with our mission, vision and values for OMM and Saddleback. The demand for manufacturing in our field is unbelievable, so we need an unbelievable leader to lead our already excellent team. The right person is able to balance the data and technical needs of the business with the varied needs of the employees. If you love people and have a bigger vision for business and the impact it can have on your employees and their families, please keep reading. This video about our factory and hearts sums it up.
Why you might want to work at Saddleback:
- Great People - a great team to work with.
- Work that Matters - Saddleback is a socially and spiritually minded company with a bigger purpose. The heart of Saddleback really is to love on those that come in our path. We hope to impact the world through our people and profits. Our work is bigger than a bottom dollar here; it’s about loving people and helping them to know God better.
- Culture and the values that drive it are key.
- Benefits available for local or non local hires. Include an expat package for non-local hires
- Location - Onsite in Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
- Travel - Some travel to and from Fort Worth, TX
- Position - Full Time Employment
This will get you to the top of the stack:
- Loads of common sense
- Bachelors in Industrial Engineering, Organizational or related Finance degree with a minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing or the Toyota Production System.
- Proven track record of being nice.
if you're interested in applying, email jana@saddleback